Tel: +30 23510 82300
The cultural identity of the region emerges through a series of cultural and religious events, which can be experienced throughout the course of the year.
Many cultural events are organised in the Elatochori, throughout the course of the year.
- Kirialesa, on the Day of Epiphany (6 January).
- Celebration of the Church of Resinat the feast of Ypapanti on 2 February. Follows traditional music and dance in the courtyard of the church.
- In Palio Elatochori,in the church of St. Nicholas, the Traditional Association of Elatochori organizes the day of shrove Tuesday feast, offering meatless dishes.
- On St. George's day, organized a feast in the monastery of St. George of Resin.
- Feast of St. Constantine and Helena on 21 May.
- Diplotos dance – Burning of rocket leaves, on the third day of Easter.
- For the celebration of the Holy Spirit organized a three-day local festival in the Resin.
- Briaziotiko Festival near the closing of the schools.
- Meeting of Locals the last Weekend of July, with dances, songs and theatrical performances.
The Olympus Festival
The Olympus Festival contributes to the development of the cultural and economic life in the prefecture of Pieria, after the audience is composed of inhabitants in the whole of Macedonia and, in particular the neighboring prefectures of Larissa, Thessaloniki, Greece and Kozani. In the course of a long and continuous operation of the Festival has hosted many internationally renowned artists (e.x. Milva, Nana Mouskouri, Goran Μπρέγκοβιτς, Σεζάρια Evora, Luz Casal), but other pan-hellenic range (e.x. Alexiou, Dalaras, Marinella, Frangoulis, Hatzigiannis, Farantouri), various exhibitions and art events (exhibitions, theatrical costume, mosaics).